Vision and Mission
At Sacred Heart Primary School, our children are empowered to learn and achieve, to experience high quality, explicit teaching practice and optimal conditions for learning. Accordingly, our children will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and dispositions for lifelong learning and will ultimately shape the world around them leading to fullness of life for all.
Statement of Identity
In line with the Ballarat Diocesan Education Vision and as partners in Catholic Education we are open to God’s presence and pursue fullness of life for all. We are a Professional Learning Community striving to achieve and celebrate excellence.
We strive to be the presence of Christ for one another, as we collaborate to create a child safe school and an inspiring, sacramental learning culture that empowers all members of our community to contribute positively to our world.
We share a common commitment to:
- Living our Catholic Christian tradition.
- Believing that all children can learn and achieve their full potential given an engaging, positive and supportive learning environment.
- Prioritising student safety, dignity, inclusion, diversity and wellbeing.
- Trusting in ourselves whilst constantly seeking ways to improve learning for all.
- Working interdependently, supporting and challenging one another to provide high-quality, student-centred learning.
- Knowing our students and our curriculum.
- Using data and results to identify individual student needs.
- Applying research and evidence based teaching practices.
- Partnering with students, staff, families, Parish and the wider community to ensure successful outcomes for all.